Monday, June 30, 2008

bugs.crawling.on.my.body

Well, looks like the mr fulfilled the last ever husbandly duty of his career as my husband tonight. No, not that one. Though he did ask. But anyway, I digress.
I was looking forward to a nice, warm shower to ease my poor strained shoulder muscles and some lathering, rinsing and repeating action when I came face to face with the mother of all centipedes. Or was it a milipede? I wasn't about to count the legs to find out.

All I know is that it was without a doubt the most vile of all God's living things (and God really does have some vile living things!) and it was just hanging out on my loofah. I knew I could not bathe knowing it was there and I was there and all naked and everything, so I picked up the loofah, with the intention of holding the hideous beast under some hot scalding water. Except the little bugger got the upper hand and ran up my arm while I yelped in horror and propelled myself out of the shower, in a fit of hysteria meant to shake the thing off me.

After I'd had a few minutes to collect myself and taken a lorazepam, I decided that my hair really needed to be washed today and that the bug must have gone down the drain... so I could bathe in peace. Still, this little nagging voice kept telling me that it was still somewhere in my midst, lurking, waiting to infect me with Morgellons or some other equally heinous disease, and that I should wash myself very thoroughly...

Well, I was half right. When I stepped out of the shower, guess who was perched on my towel? You guessed it. I know that from now on I am going to have to do the killing of really icky bugs and will have to do so without falling apart and I really believe that I will be able to. But I decided to take advantage of my one last night of co-dependence.

No comments: